Come and enjoy a day interacting with these beautiful, playful creatures of the sea and then comes the blood pumping ziplining on one of Africa’s longest zipline tours, thereafter relax and unwind at the beautiful Beau Constantia Wine Estate in the Constantia Valley with views to die for and lunch at the well renowned Chef’s Warehouse (Top 10 restaurants in Cape Town).
This is either a self-drive or chauffeur driven package. We have dedicated people with Professional Driving Permits in luxury vehicles (not taxi’s) to collect you from your accommodation, drive you to all your activities, to lunch and then back to your accommodation after the tour is over.
If you are on a self-drive holiday then maps will be supplied to enable you to drive to all your booked activities and lunch and then back to your accommodation with ease.
1. Snorkelling with Seals
- First up is seal snorkelling in Hout Bay. Meet at the Snorkelling Centre at 8 Albert Road, HOUT BAY at your booked time. The first half hour is to meet the team, sign in, get into wetsuits and listen to a safety briefing.
- You will be transferred from the office to the harbour with your 2 dive guides and skipper of the boat.
- The boat trip lasts approximately 2 1/2 hours – on average, visitors spend approx 45 mins – 1 hr in the water.
- There are a maximum of 10 snorkelers per boat
- After this incredible experience, there will be water, biscuits, hot chocolate and hot water to pour into your websuit!
- After the return boat trip to the harbour you will be taken back to the office where there is tea & coffee and HOT showers available.
- You need to be able to swim confidently
- Children need to be 10 years or older to snorkel
- For those not wanting to get into the water a reduced rate is charged to go along on the boat and watch the seals and snorkelers in the water.
- No, you won’t see any sharks – the water is too cold for the sharks who prefer the seal colonies on the east coast of SA. The island is surrounded by shallow reefs and kelp forests which also prevents any large sharks from coming close to the island. If you would like to see some sharks, book a Shark Cage Diving experience with us and view these creatures up close and personal in their environment.
- If conditions are unsafe to go out due to the weather, the trip may be cancelled 24 hours before arrival but if short notice is given due to unexpected rough seas, a full refund is given.
2. Ziplining the tree tops
- On arrival your guides will welcome you and give you a brief introduction as to what to expect. A full safety briefing and demonstration will put you at ease before driving into the mountain where we start the ziplining tour.
- Apart from the tour of cables you will be sliding on you will also walk within the mountain range and take in the beautiful scenery and incredible fynbos kingdom along the way.
- The tour itself consists of 7 cables totalling approx 2.3 kilometres – one of Africa’s longest zipline tours. The highest cable from the ground in the canyon is 155 metres.
- The platforms have some of the most scenic vantage points in the ape Peninsula and our Zipline tour will leave you breathless in more ways than one.
Things to note:
- No children under 6 years old are allowed to participate
- No pregnant ladies
- No one with heart conditions or a physical disability
- No person over the 120kg weight limit
- Do not wear slip on shoes (they might get lost during the activity) but rather closed comfortable shoes, comfortable clothing with no skirts or dresses (for obvious reasons).
- An average fitness level is required and you should not have a fear of heights.
- No skill is required to participate
3. Beau Constantia Wine Estate for a wine tasting and lunch
- Enjoy a superb wine-ttasting at this boutique wine estate followed by lunch at the Chef’s Warehouse restaurant (rated top 10 in Cape Town)
- Relax, take in the incredible views, and reminisce the days activities and memories that will be with you forever before heading back to your accommodation.