Don’t have a lot of time in Cape Town but still want to see the main attractions – then come and join us for a Morning Cape Peninsula tour. This is a Private Tour so there is flexibility in where we go and how long is spent there.
- Admire the spectacular natural scenery of the Cape Peninsula
- Take the funicular up the lighthouse at Cape Point
- Visit the African Penguin Colony at Boulders Beach
- Stroll Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, or
- Wine-taste in the historic Constantia Winelands
Your private guide will collect you from your accommodation in Cape Town at 7am on this morning half-day tour of the Cape Peninsula. View the spectacular scenery of Sea Point, Clifton Beaches, Camps Bay, Llandudno and Hout Bay. Your guide will then drive you along one of the most iconic, scenic drives in the world, Chapmans Peak Drive. We arrive at the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve, home to ‘fynbos’, wild animals (like Cape Mountain Zebra, baboons and several species of buck and birds) – please note that as these are wild animals, sightings are not always guaranteed. You have the opportunity to either walk up to the lighthouse at Cape Point or take a funicular ride up (for your own account + R90).
This tour continues on to Boulders Beach to see the penguin colony. More than 3000 penguins call Boulders Beach home. The area is protected as part of the Table Mountain National Park. There are walkways constructed a few feet off the ground which allows visitors to get the feel of being right there with the penguins.
From here your guide will take you through Simonstown to the quaint fishing village of Kalk Bay, where, time permitting, you’ll have a chance to stroll around this beautiful little coastal town.
Then lastly, you have a choice of either taking a guided walk around Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens (entrance fees for own account + R75) or drive through the beautiful Constantia Winelands (the oldest wine region in South Africa) to a Wine Estate with the most spectacular views for some wine-tasting (for own account + R70)
Your guide will then return you to your accommodation around lunchtime.
1 person = R1,950 / 2 people = R1,400pp / 3 people = R1,250pp / 4+ people = R1,075pp
Included in price:
- Qualified, experienced and knowledgeable cultural guide
- Transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle with a bottle of water each
- Entrance into Cape Point Nature Reserve
- Entrance into Boulders Beach Penguin Colony
- Toll fees on Chapman’s Peak Drive
Excluded in price:
- Cape Point funicular ride (approx. R90 pp)
- Entrance to Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens (approx. R75 pp)
- Wine-tasting at Constantia Wine-Estate (approx. R70 pp)
- Any refreshments
- Personal expenses
Children under 12 years are half price. In order for a child to qualify for children’s rates, they must be accompanied by 2 adults.