- Explore the beautiful village of Franschhoek, the food capital of South Africa
- Taste wine paired with exquisite food at wine estates
- Do a cellar tour and learn about wine-making
This is a food and wine tour not to be missed. Franschhoek is a magnificent town between towering mountains in the beautiful Cape Winelands. Taste award winning wines paired with mouth-watering food.
You will be collected from your accommodation in Cape Town and driven to Franschhoek in a comfortable luxury air conditioned vehicle. Franschhoek is the food and wine heartland of the country, where top chefs create international cuisine. Here breathtaking scenery with class cuisine and the finest wines all combine to create lasting memories.
Your first visit is to the Moreson Wine Estate for a charcuterie and wine tasting. You will be able to stretch out at the Farm Grocer bar counter and sample a range of their wines, each of which are individually paired with mouthwatering homemade charcuterie. Next stop is the historic wine estate of Grande Provence which was established in 1694. Here you will enjoy a wine and food pairing (two white and two red wines with four canape’s) in the owner’s private gallery. During the winter months you will be close to the crackling fireplace whilst in summer you will be able to tickle your taste-buds in the air-conditioned tasting room and enjoy the view of the magnificent mountains outside. Do a cellar tour at Grande Provence after your tasting session.
Then move on to the next wine estate, Vrede & Lust, at the foothills of the Simonsberg mountains. This estate is a family owned and managed wine estate and here you will taste five different wines and enjoy a scrumptious lunch. Finish the day with a wine tasting at the spectacular Haute Cabriere Cellar before making your way back to your accommodation in Cape Town.
2 people – R1,750 pp
3 people – R1,650 pp
4 people – R1,550 pp
5-8 people – R1,450 pp
NB: Please note that 2 people are required for the tour to run. We can accommodate larger groups (up to 18 guests). Please contact us for a quotation
- Transportation from and to your accommodation in Cape Town
- Services of an experienced registered culture guide
- Tourism levy
- All activities and entrance fees as per itinerary
- All wine & charcuterie tastings
- Lunch to the value of R140
What’s not included:
- Activities not specifically mentioned in the itinerary
- Meals not specifically mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal expenses