Cableway via Platteklip Gorge. The most direct route to the top.
This is definitely one of the popular paths to the top of Table Mountain. The views are spectacular including the City, Lions Head, Signal Hill, Devils Peak and Robben Island. It is a strenuous hike but a safe route taking between 2-3 hours.
An extra 1-2 hours to Maclears Beacon in a circular route can also be taken and is definitely worth it with views of False Bay and surrounding mountains heading towards Cape Point.
|Activity Level:||Strenuous, but safe and family-friendly|
|Cost per person:||1 Person: R1400
2-6: R800 per person
Family discount available
This hike includes:
- Services of your qualified experienced guide;
- All transport to and from your accommodation within the City Bowl & immediate surrounds;
- Snacks and water on the hike.
- Single return Cableway ticket
- If the Table Mountain Cableway is closed due to weather or maintenance, an extra fee of R200 per person will be charged for the guide to walk you back down the mountain.