Join us for a memorable day in the rolling vineyards of the Western Cape’s renowned wine estates. We visit wine estates in Paarl, Franschhoek and Stellenbosch. Enjoy a cheese pairing and a cellar tour. Have lunch in the vineyards and visit the local towns, learn about their history, culture, food and, most importantly, their wine.
Description of Tour
- Firstly, we head north to Paarl
- At our first stop we experience a cellar tour followed by a cheese and wine tasting
- Next, we continue to Franschhoek with a photo stop at the Groot Drakenstein Prison where Nelson Mandela was released in Feb 1990
- A short tour of the little town and a second wine tasting in Franschhoek
- Lunch stop (optional – own account)
- After lunch we continue to Stellenbosch where your guide will point out historic buildings and tell you interesting facts
- Time permitting, we will include a third wine tasting before returning to your hotel
Included in price:
- Services of your experienced qualified culture guide
- All transport for the day
- 3 wine tastings (3rd tasting, time permitting)
- 1 of the wine tastings with cheese and a cellar tour.
Excluded in price:
- Lunch at Franschhoek is optional and not included in the price.
No wine tasting under 18 years. Children under 12 years are half price. Please note that some 3rd party operators do not offer discounts for children.
Non-alcoholic beverages are available at all the wine estates we visit.